Suggestion UHC Schedule

For specific suggestions you feel will help improve the network.

aymhh

New
Heyyo
So it's pre simple idea, a time schedule for UHC games.
Think this would help hosts and UHC fills, as it would keep the UHC game more special in a sense, the hosts won't need to pump out as many games whenever they can just so they can please everyone and I assume it would get better fills as people will be knowing about this upcoming game a day or two ahead.

Keep it like Badlion with the consistent hourly hosting time, a 7:30pm and another 10:30pm late night game on weekdays. same thing with weekends, but more such as a 3:30pm one.

the late night UHC's can be more speed and fun ones and the miday 7:30 ones can be competitive ones to prep them for the uhc champs that happen at the end of each season.

that is all (  ̄ω ̄)ノ゙⌒☆

+1
Other changes that could be made include:

- Accepting more staff and reducing the time period required to upgrade trial hosts to full host. (I, and most of the community, believe that Anakn has already proved he is a capable host, so what is the wait about?).

- Ensuring staff share evidence in appeals. Ever since I joined mythic I've always been perplexed by this unorthodox notion of hidden evidence, do the higher staff think the court system operates off hidden evidence??? It makes absolutely no sense, and the only argument I've heard is that it may reveal "staff chat" or "logs", which in my opinion should be public information anyway. I could go off on an entire rant about how screen sharing (colloquially known as "ss'ing") is actually a form of duress to reveal private information, but this is about UHC.

- Reducing the amount of low fill scenarios being hosted, this includes (but is not limited to): flower power, barebones, rush, superheroes, moles and skyhigh. I believe these should be hosted once a week, there are days where the one or two UHCs hosted are both gamemodes that approximately 5% of the community would enjoy playing. This is one of the main contributors to the visible deterioration of UHC on the mythic network.

Thanks for listening.

aahp

New
+1,
Would love for this ASAP, Maybe have the times changes weekly or just a poll on the times for the UHC's instead; Just so the community has a say in when they want the UHC's to be on.

time schedule for UHC games.
Believe it or not, we actually trialed this idea earlier in 2020 and it failed hard. That is why I am working on speeds, to make up for a lack of larger games.

Accepting more staff and reducing the time period required to upgrade trial hosts to full host.
Being capable of a role does not mean they should be in that role. We have very specific promotion criteria to ensure we have also built trust and a proven deep understanding of what is expected. Not saying anakin is not ready to host by himself but is that is not everything we look for in a host.

Ensuring staff share evidence in appeals.
No. All admins are able and do handle appeals and will often consult each other for evidence regarding specific bans. We are not a court system, we are a server. If we say someone did something, they did it. I do not understand why people think that I allow admins to purposely lower player counts because we find someone slightly annoying or something lol.

"logs", which in my opinion should be public information anyway
Why? We have worked hard to ensure that our anticheat is accurate, efficient and most of all, SECURE. An anticheat at the end of the day is a security system, not something we are required to disclose. It is our choice and we choose the option that allows us to continue banning cheaters at the rates we do.

Won't even comment on the SSing part, if you feel if it is that unsafe then do not use our services.

Reducing the amount of low fill scenarios being hosted
Some people enjoy some modes, others enjoy others. We are working on making Speeds the more casual destination for UHC while we will try and keep the normal UHC mode more hardcore.

Believe it or not, we actually trialed this idea earlier in 2020 and it failed hard. That is why I am working on speeds, to make up for a lack of larger games.

Being capable of a role does not mean they should be in that role. We have very specific promotion criteria to ensure we have also built trust and a proven deep understanding of what is expected. Not saying anakin is not ready to host by himself but is that is not everything we look for in a host.

No. All admins are able and do handle appeals and will often consult each other for evidence regarding specific bans. We are not a court system, we are a server. If we say someone did something, they did it. I do not understand why people think that I allow admins to purposely lower player counts because we find someone slightly annoying or something lol.

Why? We have worked hard to ensure that our anticheat is accurate, efficient and most of all, SECURE. An anticheat at the end of the day is a security system, not something we are required to disclose. It is our choice and we choose the option that allows us to continue banning cheaters at the rates we do.

Won't even comment on the SSing part, if you feel if it is that unsafe then do not use our services.

Some people enjoy some modes, others enjoy others. We are working on making Speeds the more casual destination for UHC while we will try and keep the normal UHC mode more hardcore.
The anticheat bans legit players...

Top Bottom